Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Things!!! How you can make your own Printable Boxes.

I am working on some new things now, along with the Shabby Cottage which is almost done. I decided that  La Petite Maison needed furniture. It just looks so lonely without furniture. So I have been working on some. One of the pieces is for the bedroom and this is 1/4" scale. So tiny.
A folding screen.

I will be giving away one of the pieces of furniture on this blog and selling the whole set on Etsy when they are done.


www.etsy.com/shop/DollHousePrinties

This is a picture of the Quarter scale furniture in progress. Many changes are still to be made before it is finished. I have already printed this out twice and assembled and then back to the drawing board to make changes. Then print it out and cut them out again and assemble and perhaps on the fifth try  if I am lucky everything works right and looks good. I still have more pieces to do so that the house is fully furnished. I would love to hear your suggestions of more pieces and changes in these.      Thanks Barbara








Another thing I am working on to sell on my site are Printies Gift
Boxes. You just print them out and assemble them.
If you want to make them yourself and you have a graphics program. You can!
Just do a search for "box templates". There are tons of them on the web. You can use them if you are just doing them for personal use. If you intend to sell them you have to make sure they are your own design or different enough to make them you own. The graphics you can download by going to a site like Pinterest.com.
A wonderful place for everything. Do a search on Pinterest for Printable graphics and specify the kind that you want. For example, Christmas graphics. Wow!! You won't believe what you can find and download. Watch out for copyrighted material. Most of them you can use if it is just for personal use and to give to friends as gifts.
There are many shapes and sizes to choose from and many flower shapes, paper bows. You will be amazed.

http://www.easypapercrafts.com/free-templates-slide-show

This one is my favorite.

http://www.auntannie.com/BoxesBags/

The graphics on my examples are purchased on Etsy.com.
I make a collage of different pictures assembled in back and on top of each other.
I wanted something that looked Christmasy but could also be used on other occasions. I also wanted to get away from the general Chrismas look of Santa's and Trees.
They are sort of Victorian Shabby Chic. 


Goodnight for now and have fun with graphics. If you want more information on graphic programs or working with graphics you can write in the comments and I will answer you. Don't forget your email addy.
Barbara



No comments:

Post a Comment